Health & Safety
JAM Cabling Ltd recognises its statutory duty to comply with all relevant legislation & the duties & obligations resulting from them. Health & safety is an integral part of every project carried out by the Company.
The Company is committed to the protection of its employees & others, including members of the public, from harm or loss resulting from the Company’s activities & undertakings.
The Company strives for continual improvement in all areas of health, safety & welfare & are always looking at ways to develop effective, practicable health and safety management systems on an ongoing basis.
To these ends, the implementation of our health & safety policy aspires to achieve the following, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Suitable & sufficient risk assessments.
- Implementation of identified control measures.
- The provision & maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment.
- The maintenance of safe systems of work.
- Safety in the handling, transportation, etc of articles and substances.
- Safe access to & egress from all workplaces.
- The control or elimination of accidents & incidents which might result in any loss.
- Adequate & comprehensible information, instruction & training.
- The provision & maintenance safe work equipment which is without health risks.
- That employees at all levels adopt their personal responsibility for health & safety.
- Full consultation between management, employees & any appointed safety representatives.
- The protection from risk of all others who might be affected by Company operations.
The Company’s aim is to reduce damage to the environment from its operations by the best available reasonably practicable techniques, the adoption of waste minimisation & the use of sustainable materials where practicable.